Football Helmet Buyers Guide
The future of football is here, and it's come with a Vengeance! The Schutt Vengeance DCT Youth Football Helmet has arrived, and with the most advanced 3-layer system of impact
protection, and the most impressive facemask ever devised by man, it's safe to
say, nothing will ever be the same. It all starts with the new DCT cushion
system. TPU cushioning, which changed the game forever, has evolved! Pushing the boundaries of protection technology, Schutt developers have created the first ever Dual Compression TPU. Now a harder TPU outer layer protects from violent collisions, while a softer inner TPU layer absorbs the more frequent, less forceful impacts, giving you the most comprehensive concussion protection in the world.
On the front lines, a newly designed, and seriously intimidating shell rocks the
largest offset in Schutt's lineup, and utilizes a Mohawk style that not only
gives it a more aggressive look, but allows for more protection in high-impact
areas. The coup de grace though, is the completely re-designed Vengeance
facemask, which re-thinks what a facemask can do and what a facemask should
look like. With its high offset brow arch and innovative design, it not only
looks insane, but it absorbs more frontal impact force and delivers the widest,
clearest view of the field possible. Nothing else out there even comes close!
|Football Helmet Features:|
- The next generation of Schutt TPU cushioning and concussion protection
- Dual Compression TPU (DCT)
- The evolution of Schutt's innovative Thermoplastic Urethane (TPU) cushioning
system delivers enhanced impact absorption for every type of impact
- Two newly developed types of TPU cushioning work together to enhance protection and reduce concussions
- Outer layer of stiffer, harder TPU is positioned against the shell
- Specially designed to absorb and dissipate impact energy from
violent, high-force collisions and hits
- Inner layer of softer TPU is positioned against the helmet liner
- Designed to absorb more impact force caused by those frequent,
softer, low-impact hits during the game
- Mechanical attachments stabilize the TPU
in standard positions, preventing the cushions from moving and shifting
- Consistent TPU performance in game-like conditions
- Better impact absorption, heat management, and hygienics than
- Never breaks down even after thousands of impacts
- Mold, mildew, fungus, and bacteria resistant
- Newly designed Fit Liner
- Strategically placed high-impact foam inside the helmet liner
adds a third layer of protection in the front and crown, critical
and vulnerable hitting areas
- TPU liner enhances durability and delivers a custom fit and feel
- SUREFIT Liner with two inflation ports for a custom, snug, and safe fit for any
size and shape player
- Valve attachment system keeps inflation valves aligned and
locked in place for consistent inflation
- Ventilated liner for impressive heat management and air flow,
keeping you cool, dry, and comfortable in any weather or game
- Intimidating Shell
- The largest shell offset in Schutt's arsenal holds tons of
dual-density TPU cushioning, without a significant increase in weight or
- Mohawk shell design increases the offset in high impact areas along
the profile of the helmet
- Patented Flexural Resistance Shelf dramatically increases the
strength and energy absorption of the back area
- Delivers a vastly superior fit for a variety of different shape
- ABS plastic construction
- New Vengeance Facemasks
- Completely new, radically inventive facemask designs for wider
facial coverage, an intimidating look, and incredible performance
- Larger, offset, arched brow design greatly improves force absorption
from frontal impacts
- Enhanced, unrestricted vision through innovative designs give you a
wider, more complete view of the field
- Twist-Release System uses a two-piece faceguard retainer that
eliminates the classic loop system, and allows you to quickly and easily
twist and remove the facemask in case of emergency
- Vengeance helmet does NOT come with a
facemask (See all
Schutt Youth Vengeance Facemasks)
- 1 1/8" AiR Maxx TPU jaw pads provide the impact absorption and performance of TPU for
the mandible and jaw area, protecting from side and frontal impacts
- Youth Soft Cup Chin Strap
By Don from California on March 23, 2013
When will the Schutt Vengeance DCT Youth Football Helmet be available in the large size?
By Customer Service on March 25, 2013
Answer:We have all sizes and colors on order now with Schutt, and expect them to arrive soon.
By Lamont from Lagrange Georgia on August 21, 2013
what's the difference between the Vengeance DCT youth & the Vengeance DCT Hybrid+ youth?
By Customer Service on August 22, 2013
Answer:The Vengeance DCT have a full liner of TPU material under the air liner, whereas the Vengeance DCT Hybrid+ has a combination of TPU and high density foam under the air liner.
By Kelly from Michigan on August 6, 2013
What is the difference between the Schutt Vengeance DCT Youth and the Schutt Vengeance Youth DCT Hybrid Helmets?
By Customer Service on August 7, 2013
Answer:The Vengeance DCT Youth Helmet features a SUREFIT liner, which has two inflation points to create a better fit. The Vengeance DCT Youth Hybrid Helmet has a non-inflatable comfort liner made of high impact foam.
By Dallin from Salt Lake City, Utah on May 22, 2013
Which facemask is shown on this helmet in this picture?
By Customer Service on May 23, 2013
Answer:The face mask pictured on this helmet is a Vengeance EGOP II mask which is available in either youth or standard. The youth version of the mask is a bit shorter.
By Hiram from Mexico on March 1, 2013
I'm looking for a facemask for this helmet, the position is corner.
By Customer Service on March 4, 2013
We are now carrying Youth Vengeance facemasks
perfect for this helmet. I'd definitely suggest either a Youth Vengeance EGOP or ROPO facemask for a corner position.
By Nick from Gonzales,LA on March 6, 2013
What is the approx. weight of this helmet? Lighter or heavier than the Revo speed?
By Customer Service on March 6, 2013
Answer:The Vengeance DCT Youth weighs approximately 3lbs, 2oz, without a facemask (size Large). With a Youth Vengeance EGOP facemask, it would weigh 4lbs, 6oz. A Youth Riddell Revo Speed weighs 4lbs, 2oz (size Large, with a facemask).
By David from San diego CA on April 14, 2013
Do you guys have a titanium facemask for youth a vengeance?
By Customer Service on April 17, 2013
Answer:Schutt does not specifically make a Youth Vengeance Titanium Facemask, however the standard Vengeance Titanium Facemasks will fit the youth helmet just fine. The main difference between an adult and youth facemask is the youth is slightly shorter and does not stick out as far, but both will fit the youth helmet.
By Jorge from San diego on April 15, 2013
What if it doesnt fit?
By Customer Service on April 16, 2013
Answer:Hi Jorge, if the helmet you receive does not fit, we have a 365 day return policy for new, unused products. Send it back to us and we can get you a different size or refund the price of the helmet.
By jorge from sandiego on April 17, 2013
is this one better that the ion 4d?
By Customer Service on April 18, 2013
Answer:While we can't say which helmet is definitely better, the Vengeance DCT features the latest technologies like Dual Compression TPU, a raised brow facemask, the Mohawk shell design and flexural shelf in the back for strength. The only feature the ION 4D has that the Vengeance doesn't is the Energy Wedge facemask attachment. This will be the last season that Schutt is carrying the ION 4D and the Vengeance will be their "Top of the Line" helmet gong forward. Plus, the Youth Vengeance is slightly lighter than the ION 4D.