A popular backyard game, pitching horseshoes outside during a summer BBQ is a tradition. Sports Unlimited offers a variety of recreational "picnic" type horseshoe sets along with some of the best professional horseshoes on the market. Horseshoes sets from both St. Pierre and WD Horseshoe Company are Made in the USA.
How do I go about finding the right horseshoe set for me?
- Consider who will be playing. If primarily adults, then you're most likely fine going with a steel set. If kids are playing, then plastic or rubber shoes are a great, safe option.
- How much space do you have? If you are tight on space the rubber and plastics sets might be a better option. Typically you have the stakes closer with these type of sets.
- Where will you be playing? In the backyard, at the beach, in a tournament? If you going to the beach consider the weight of the metal horseshoes. You might want to consider a lighter rubber sets that is easy to transport.
- Is there a chance you might be playing into the evening? We offer a glow-in-the-dark set that's great for late evenings and into the darkness of night.
- Have your considered tournament play? All our sets are clearly marked on whether or not they are sanctioned for NHPA tournaments. All sets from St. Pierre, WD Horseshoe Co., and Franklin are approved by the National Horseshoe Pitchers Association.
- What's your budget? Whether you are going with steel, rubber or plastic we offer economical sets from $20-$25, better sets around $40-$50 and professional horseshoes at $65 and up.