York has been supplying gyms, schools, health clubs and individual home users with excellent fitness equipment for years.
They strive to improve the fitness of every one, while creating the
safest, most user-friendly exercise equipment out there. York's incredibly high quality gear meets all of your fitness needs.
The York Rubber Hex Dumbbell is a safe, attractive dumbbell with a contoured, knurled chrome handle and durable rubber-covered heads for safety and comfort.
With a wide weight range and classic, comfortable design, these
dumbbells are perfect for anyone looking to tone, build real muscle, or
improve their fitness level. Perfect for in-home use!
Dumbbell exercises have proven to show
serious fitness results for many years. Offering versatile exercises and
multiple levels of resistance, free weight dumbbells are great tools to shape you into the body you're looking for. Check out our entire fitness selection including
fitness equipment and accessories
to get the most well-rounded workout possible!
Try the following six dumbbell workouts
with your York Rubber Hex Dumbbell:
- Hammer curls – Standing up straight with your arms tight at your sides. Curl the weights up in a hammer motion and slowly return them to your sides.
- Triceps press – Lying flat on a weight bench, extend the dumbbells in your hands straight above you head. Bend you elbows and slowly lower the weights to either side of your head, then push them back to the starting position.
- Chest flies – Sitting at a slight incline, with a dumbbell in each hand, extend your arms above your chest straight up. Bend your elbows slightly and lower your arms to either side until they are parallel with the floor. Return to the starting position.
- Shoulder press – Sitting or standing, with a dumbbell in each hand, extend your arm directly over your head with your elbow slightly bent. Lower your arm until it is bent at a 90-degree angle behind you head then return to the starting position. Switch arms when ready.
- Lunges – With a dumbbell in each hand, stand straight and hold your arms at your sides. Step forward and bend your knee to a 90-degree angle, letting the other knee bend normally. Hold, and then return to the upright position. Repeat, switching legs each time.