The North Face has spent the past 40 years proving to the world that they are the leaders in high-tech, comfortable, stylish, and versatile performance apparel. With these years of experience, industry-leading technologies, advanced materials, and incredible designs at their disposal, The North Face has created some of the most ground-breaking jackets and outerwear, specially designed for the active woman. Everything from midlayer fleece jackets to TriClimate Women's 3-in-1 jackets, ready for any sport, activity, or weather condition; The North Face creates them, and Sports Unlimited brings them to you!
Sports Unlimited offers a huge selection of The North Face gear, including the popular The North Face Denali Jacket, Apex Bionic Jacket, and the new Flight Series jackets. But with such a vast collection of jackets and fleeces for all conditions and situations, in addition to the complicated technologies in each jacket, it can become difficult to decide which The North Face jacket is best for you. To understand which jacket best suits you, it's important that you understand the technologies and benefits of The North Face, and decide what you'd be using each jacket for and what weather conditions you'll need it in.
Some of the most popular North Face jackets utilize the following materials and technologies:
- The North Face WindWall 1 and WindWall 2 - A proprietary wind-resistant material, WindWall fleece is bonded to the fabric in many The North Face jackets to help block over 90% of chilling wind, while still allowing a limited amount of permeability (about 20 CFM). WindWall jackets eliminate wind chill without sacrificing breathability, making them incredibly comfortable and warm, perfect on their own for those windy fall days, or as a mid-layer when that windy blizzard rolls in
- The North Face TriClimate - Its 3-in-1 design gives The North Face TriClimate jackets incredible versatility and dynamics in an array of weather conditions. Its weather-resistant outer shell keeps you protected from the elements, while its removable interior fleece jacket adds warmth, comfort, and mobility. Wear the two together on those really cold, rainy, snowy, or windy days and you'll be warm and comfortable. When it's warm, but still wet outside, sport the outer layer on its own for comfortable, lightweight protection from the elements. On cool, dry fall days, wear the interior, cozy, lightweight fleece jacket on its own for warm style
- Thermal Kinetic Advancement (TKA) 100 - A measure of The North Face's popular fleece, TKA 100 is a lightweight, microfiber fleece that is perfect for layering under an outer shell or insulated jacket.
- TKA 200 - A midweight fleece, TKA 200 offers excellent breathability and warmth-to-weight ratio
- TKA 300 - A mid to heavy-weight fleece, TKA 300 is a high-performance fleece that can be worn on its own, and still keep you incredibly warm and protected from the elements
- Zip-In System - The North Face jackets with the zip-in system feature a separate zipper inside the jacket, making it easy to "zip-in" a mid-layer The North Face fleece jacket underneath the outer jacket, for better insulation and comfort in bitterly cold conditions. Perfect for skiing, snowboard, mountaineering, or blizzard conditions
All of our The North Face women's jackets, vests and other outerwear employ these materials and technologies to bring you the most comfortable, high-performing apparel around, at the best prices in town!
Perfect for skiing, snowboarding, mountaineering, climbing, biking, running, and hiking, but stylish enough for a night out in the city, or for drinks at the lodge, our collection of The North Face apparel and gear is perfect for anyone who loves to get out there and experience life!